Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Manager Confronts Heckler

In a radio address following their Thursday night game against the Great Falls White Sox, Helena Brewers’ manager Ed Sedar (right) lashed out at the Thirsty Thursday Club. Scotty #13 recounts the game time heckle: “It was the 7th inning, and I was on my 5th beer...or maybe it was the 5th inning and I was on my 7th beer. Whatever the case, I distinctly remember a foul ball careening just outside the third base line. Ed was out there, doubling as the third base coach due to budget constraints, and he made a weak barehanded effort to snatch the ball. In my heckling frenzy, I called old Ed out saying, ‘Hey Ed, maybe 20 years ago!’ That apparently got his attention, because he promptly turned in my direction and flashed me a sign. It wasn’t profane or anything. It was probably some signal for me to come and sub in for him, but I had a number of 12oz blondes to entertain.”
Apparently, Ed was so preoccupied by the rant that after the game, during his radio commentary, he felt the need to correct Scotty. “I could’ve grabbed that 10 years ago,” Ed retorted.
Touché!
When asked for a comment on the situation, Club President Jared “Rock Star” Smith noted, “Well according to club policy, the heckle was fair game. It’s an important step for the TTC. We’re finally getting the kind of media exposure we deserve. Truly the sky’s the limit.”

6 Comments:

Blogger The Don said...

I don't know man, Big Ed has a 4-0 record against the Club this year...I think he has the last laugh.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Scotty #13 said...

Actually, they've won the last 6 against the Sox. Brewers own us.

3:39 PM  
Blogger The Don said...

Scotty, I said 4-0 against the (TT)Club, not the Sox, wiseass. Check the record in the sidebar. Man, what kind of geniuses am I leaving in charge of this piece?

7:35 PM  
Blogger Scotty #13 said...

"the Club" is not an accepted abbreviation for the TTC. It's a metal bar that you stick on your steering wheel to "prevent" theft. When you start making sense with your statements, I'll stop correcting you, Mr. 0-7.

7:05 AM  
Blogger The Don said...

And TTC is not an accepted abbreviation either. It's the stock symbol for Toro or the Toronto Transit Commission. If you look at the history of the articles they all refer to your TTC as the "Club." Have a clue. Who did we hire for VP here, Dan Quayle?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Scotty #13 said...

You mispelled potatoe.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home