Monday, August 07, 2006

Club Starts a New Losing Streak

After a promising victory last Thursday, a few members of the Thirsty Thursday Club tried to repeat the magic Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately, a win was not in the cards for the White Sox, as they fell to the Billings Mustangs 8-4. A handy little coupon secured 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, and 4 sodas (not pops) for the Club for only 10 bucks. And since the beer batter pulled an O-fer, it was fortunate that Special Advisor Jeff Andreoli carried something in his pocket to turn those drinks into “special” sodas. President Jared “All Thumbs” Smith defeated Vice President Scotty “The Intern Stalker” Simpson in the ACE Hardware “Nail Off,” and amazingly both guys walked away with all their digits intact. Danny Dorn (above) of the Mustangs went Cole on us, smacking a homerun after we reamed the guy. And Andreoli was shot and wounded by Boomer, the Sox mascot. Apparently the “moose” does not take well to being heckled. Andreoli’s injuries do not appear to be life threatening however, although his status for the next game is questionable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty #13 said...

Yeah, the Pres beat me pretty soundly. I will say, however, in my defense, that I was protecting my livlihood...Plus, if I hurt my fingers I'd have trouble working too!

10:05 PM  
Blogger The Don said...

Yes, executive leadership needs to get the word out when we pull Thirsty Sundays and such. We definitely need a recall roster for this thing!!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home